Local Planning Strategy
These documents are available in alternate formats upon request. Please contact the City on 9400 4000.
The City of Joondalup Local Planning Strategy has been prepared in accordance with the City’s statutory requirements under the Planning and Development Act 2005.
The purpose of the Strategy is to enable Council and the community to determine the vision and strategic planning direction for the City of Joondalup for the next 10 to 15 years.
Preparation of the Local Planning Strategy has included assessment of all relevant State, regional and Council plans, policies and strategies. Community input into the Strategy has been achieved through surveys on key planning issues.
The Local Planning Strategy has been arranged into two main parts:
Part One – Local Planning Strategy, which comprises:
- The vision and objectives of the Local Planning Strategy
- Strategies and actions which will deliver the desired outcomes for the major planning theme areas
- Implementation and review.
Part Two – Background information and analysis, which comprises:
- An introduction that provides the background to the development of the Local Planning Strategy
- The State and regional planning context
- The local planning context
- Local Profile and key issues, which have been identified through an analysis of the local environment and the major influences on planning for the future.
The Local Planning Strategy, which includes the recommendations of the City’s Local Housing Strategy and Local Commercial Strategy, provides the strategic context for the development of a new Local Planning Scheme.
Council adopted the Local Planning Strategy at its July 2014 meeting and the strategy has been forwarded to the Department of Planning for final endorsement.