These documents are available in alternate formats upon request. Please contact the City on 9400 4000.
The City boasts 17km of stunning coastline, stretching north from Beach Rd in Marmion, through to Burns Beach Rd in Burns Beach.
The beaches within the City have many facilities, which makes visiting them a pleasurable experience for residents and tourists of all ages. Several are opposite parklands, which are ideal for picnics with facilities such as BBQs, play equipment, toilets and adequate parking.
The beaches and facilities located in this area are listed below:
- Marmion Beach - parking, toilets, changerooms
- Sorrento Beach - parking, toilets, changerooms (patrolled beach)
- Hillarys Marina - parking, toilets, changerooms, refreshments, entertainment (patrolled beach)
- Hillarys Beach - parking, toilets, BBQ, picnic area, lookout
- Pinnaroo Point - parking, toilets, changerooms, picnic area, refreshments
- Whitfords Beach - parking, toilets, changerooms
- Mullaloo Beach - parking, toilets, changerooms, picnic area, refreshments, BBQ, play equipment (patrolled beach)
- Ocean Reef Beach - parking, changerooms, picnic area, BBQ
- Beaumaris Beach - parking, BBQ, picnic area, refreshments
- Burns Beach - parking, toilets, changerooms, BBQ, picnic area, refreshments.
The most popular and picturesque beachside parklands containing ample family facilities are those at:
- Hillarys Beach (Hillarys Beach Park)
- Mullaloo Beach (Tom Simpson Park)
- Beaumaris Beach (Iluka Foreshore)
The most popular beaches are Sorrento, Hillarys and Mullaloo. The Sorrento and Mullaloo Surf Life Saving Clubs provide lifeguard patrols on weekends and public holidays, while midweek lifeguard patrols are supplied by the City in conjunction with Surf Lifesaving WA. The hours of patrol at these beaches are:
- Sorrento Beach from 6.00am to 6.00pm
- Hillarys Marina from 8.00am to 6.00pm
- Mullaloo Beach from 6.00am to 6.00pm
Beach Activities and Accessibility
The City’s beach wheelchair is available for hire for children and adults with disabilities.
View more information about beach activities
including boating, jet and water skiing, snorkelling, fishing, kitesurfing and animal exercise areas. The City employs dedicated Beach Rangers to assist in the delivery of services along the City’s coastline, including enforcement, activity monitoring and customer liaison. Should you have any concerns or questions about coastal-related activities or wish to report incidences of anti-social behaviour on the City’s beaches, speak to a Beach Ranger or call the City’s Incident Reporting Hotline (Beach Activities) on 1300 655 860
for assistance. This is a 24 hour, 7 day a week service.
If you are interested in hiring a beach foreshore for a special occasion, please contact the City's Community Facilities Bookings Office:
City of Joondalup Leisure Centres – Craigie
Whitfords Avenue, Craigie
Opening hours: 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday
T: 9400 4268
F: 9300 1383
View Joondalup Beaches in a larger map