Plan Your Swim
Addition public lanes are available in the outdoor pool from 4 January to 31 March 2016. Tuesday and Thursday, 5.30am - 7.00am
Additional lane (outdoor pool)
Monday to Thursday 3.30pm - 5.00pm
Walking and recreation lane available (outdoor pool)
View the Lap Lane Availability to help plan your swim prior to visiting the Leisure Centre - Craigie.
Aquatics at Craigie
The City's Leisure Centre in Craigie houses outstanding climate controlled aquatic facilities with pool water clarity and cleanliness of the highest standard. The aquatics area features:
Energy Efficient Aquatics
The aquatic facilities at Craigie operate via innovative geothermal heating. The geothermal system uses heat exchange from thermal underground water to heat the pool water. The thermal underground water is then pumped back into the ground. On average, the City's geothermal heating saves 933 tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions annually.
Safer Swimming Guidelines
The Leisure Centre supports the Watch Around Water program and follows their guidelines:
- Children under the age of 11 years must be directly supervised in the facility at all times by a responsible adult
- Children aged seven to 11 years must be constantly supervised by an adult, close enough to make eye contact with the child
- Children aged under six years must be accompanied in the water by a parent/guardian at all times, within arms reach
- Parents and guardians should actively supervise their children at all times. As such, they should be dressed ready for action, including unexpected entry into the pool
- Swimmers in the Leisure Centres' Learn to Swim, Squad or Swimfit programs who are under the age of 11 years must be accompanied to the coach and collected from the coach by a responsible adult
- All unsupervised children will be removed from the water.
School Swimming Carnivals
Find out more about hosting your School Swimming Carnival at Craigie.
View the Leisure Centres' aquatic entry prices.
For further information contact the City on 9400 4600 or via email.