Investigating Joondalup's Past
These documents are available in alternate formats upon request. Please contact the City on 9400 4000
Schools within the City’s boundaries are welcome to borrow our Investigating Joondalup’s Past school resources kits.
The kits help students to research the history of their suburb and follow the Curriculum Framework Guidelines.
A kit is available for each suburb within the City containing:
- Student worksheets for junior, middle and upper primary school students. Please note: the upper primary worksheets can easily be adapted for secondary school students
- Answers to all the worksheets
- A “Stories from the Suburbs” book that contains information about the history of the suburb
- A display containing maps, photos and captions, and written excerpts from oral history interviews
- A CD containing oral history interview excerpts from pioneers of the suburb
- You may like to use the “Investigating Joondalup’s Past” school resources kit during a visit to the Local History Library. Please let the staff know at least a few days in advance, which suburb or suburbs you’re interested in. We’ll have everything prepared for you, including a display
To book one or more of our Investigating Joondalup’s Past school resource kits an Institutional Bulk Loan Agreement will need to be completed.
To book a class tour or for further information, please call the City on 9400 4746.