Clubs in focus
Clubs in-focus program
The City’s Clubs in-focus program is dedicated to supporting the volunteers of its local sport and recreation clubs, to encourage and enhance their capacity to deliver sport and recreation opportunities to the community. The program focuses on four main areas:
- Capacity building
- Grants and funding
Additionally, the Club Development Team liaise one to one on projects, communication, capacity building, grants and funding, recognition and assisting with club needs. Services available include:
- Club engagement - Are meetings between the City and and club officials focusing on the clubs needs while building strong working relationships.
- enewsletter - The monthly enewsletter provides current information on City activities, club news, funding opportunities and industry news for local sport and recreation clubs.
- Resource manual - As part of the education and training focus area, this resource manual has been developed to assist club leaders in managing their club’s operations and strategic direction. This manual contains general advice about a broad range of club governance topics and has been designed to complement the Clubs in-focus Annual Club Conference and monthly enewsletters.
- Grants and funding - The City recognises that funding can significantly assist local clubs. The City offers a range of funding opportunities for clubs and individuals, as well as providing assistance and advice when applying for other grants.
- Club funded facility upgrades - Is your club planning to upgrade or construct facilities that they currently lease or hire from the City? This process aims to streamline the application, approval and licence process for projects where the City has no funding involvement.
For further information please contact the City on 9400 4252 or via email.