Clubs in focus
2017 Clubs in-focus Clubs Conference
Wednesday 1 March 2017 6.00pm - 9.30pm
Sacred Heart College, Hocking Parade, Sorrento
The conference provides an opportunity to give club volunteers important information, tools and resources to assist in the successful operations of their club.
Key Note Speaker: Rob Geersen, President of the Coolbinia Bombers Junior Football Club will provide insights into their Industry Award winning Starkick Program.
Master of Ceremonies Ben Ettridge, Head Coach Joondalup Wolves and Paralympic and Gold medal wining coach of the Australian Wheelchair Basketball team will share some insights that have helped him throughout his amazing career.
Conference workshops include: Sponsorship and Promotion of Your Club, Child Safe Clubs, KidSport, Liquor License Refresher, Sport Nutrition and Hydration, Strategic Directions Six, Writing Wining Grant Applications and Updating Your Clubs Constitution.
Be sure to have four club representatives attend the Club Conference. Please RSVP online by 22 February 2017.
Conference schedule 6.00pm - Registration and industry expo
6.25pm - Welcome and introduction
6.45pm - Key note speaker
7.05pm - Streams one to four commence
8.10pm - Industry expo and refreshments
8.25pm - Streams one to four recommence
9.30pm - Conference close
The City’s Clubs in-focus program is dedicated to supporting the volunteers of its local sport and recreation clubs, to encourage and enhance their capacity to deliver sport and recreation opportunities to the community. The program focuses on four main areas:
- Capacity building
- Grants and funding
Additionally, the Club Development Team liaise one to one on projects, communication, capacity building, grants and funding, recognition and assisting with club needs. Services available include:
- Club engagement - Are meetings between the City and and club officials focusing on the clubs needs while building strong working relationships.
- enewsletter - The monthly enewsletter provides current information on City activities, club news, funding opportunities and industry news for local sport and recreation clubs.
- Resource manual - As part of the education and training focus area, this resource manual has been developed to assist club leaders in managing their club’s operations and strategic direction. This manual contains general advice about a broad range of club governance topics and has been designed to complement the Clubs in-focus Annual Club Conference and monthly enewsletters.
- Grants and funding - The City recognises that funding can significantly assist local clubs. The City offers a range of funding opportunities for clubs and individuals, as well as providing assistance and advice when applying for other grants.
- Club funded facility upgrades - Is your club planning to upgrade or construct facilities that they currently lease or hire from the City? This process aims to streamline the application, approval and licence process for projects where the City has no funding involvement.
For further information please contact the City on 9400 4252 or via email.