Some reasons people volunteer include to:
- learn new skills
- share life experiences and skills
- contribute to society by helping people who may be disadvantaged
- meet new people
- make new friends
- give back to the community
- make a difference
- gain experience and contacts to help find paid employment
- build self-confidence
- have fun
- stay active and engaged with the community
Become a Volunteer
Volunteering has many forms and is diverse. A meaningful position can be found to suit everyone’s unique skills, abilities, knowledge and interests.
For further information please contact the Joondalup Volunteer Resource Centre on 9400 4734.