Arts Development Scheme Fund
These documents are available in alternate formats upon request. Please contact the City on 9400 4000.
The City's Arts Development Scheme is a fund designed to develop new audiences in the Joondalup area. The aim of the scheme is to bring professional performing arts companies and artists into the City of Joondalup, for performances and workshops. The scheme provides an opportunity for professional performing arts organisations in Western Australia to develop an audience base in the northern metropolitan area of Perth. Organisations, individuals and collectives can apply for up to $10,000.00. Projects may be any performing arts initiative which engages the community and meets the funding criteria.
Examples include workshops, theatre performances, community cultural development and concerts. Typical activities that would be considered by the City include:
- Touring performances or workshops at high schools or primary schools
- A series of performances or workshops at Leisure Centres or Libraries in the City of Joondalup
- Performances in major venues in the area such as shopping centres, parks, community facilities
- Performances as part of other City projects (eg Joondalup Festival, Little Feet Festival, NAIDOC week).
There is one round left in the 2016/17 financial year and the City must receive your application by the following date:
- Round Two: Closes Friday 7 April 2017, 5.00pm
Arts Development Scheme 2017/18 dates have been scheduled for:
- Round One: Thursday 19 October 2017, 5.00pm
- Round Two: Thursday 17 April 2018, 5.00pm
Since 1998, the City's Arts Development Scheme has supported companies such as:
- Awesome Arts
- Anything is Valid Dance Theatre
- Agelink Theatre Co.
- Awesome Arts, Janus Entertainment
- Barking Gecko Theatre Company
- Buzz Dance Theatre
- CO3 Dance
- Perth Theatre Company
- Spare Parts Puppet Theatre
- Steps Youth Dance Co
- WA Circus School
- WAM – WA Music Industry
- WA Symphony Orchestra: EchO
- WA Youth Jazz Orchestra
- West Australian Ballet
- Yirra Yaakin Noongar Theatre.
These organisations have provided performances and workshops to tens of thousands of children and residents throughout the Joondalup region.
For further information please contact the City on 9400 4230.