These documents are available in alternate formats upon request. Please contact the City on 9400 4000.
KidSport is part of the $20million State Government initiative Sport4All. Sport4All aims to increase participation in community sport and recreation throughout Western Australia.
KidSport is being administered by the City in partnership with the Department of Sport and Recreation making it possible for more Western Australian children to participate in community sport and recreation. Eligible families can receive subsidies of up to $200.00 per calendar year for each child to go towards local club registration fees.
Individual eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be aged 5 - 18 years
- Applicants must have a Health Care Card or a Pension Concession Card
- Applicant’s primary place of residence must be in the local government area they are applying to
- It is preferred that applicants register with a club that is in their local government area.
Club eligibility criteria:
- Not for profit and incorporated, affiliated with a recognised State Sporting Association or have affiliation through a State organisation
- Business/privately owned where individual members must be affiliated with a recognised State Sporting Association or have affiliation through a State organisation
- Must register for KidSport through the Department of Sport and Recreation.
KidSport applications are now online. Before applying online you will need:
- An electronic copy (scan or photo) of the Health Care or Pension Concession card with the child's name listed (ensure the image/document is readable)
- The name of the KidSport club where the child intends to register (please ensure there is a place at the club for the child prior to submitting a KidSport application)
- Access to email.
The application process:
- Select "Yes" if you have applied for KidSport previously
- Provide all of the information including uploading the Health Care or Pension Concession card and click "submit"
- The application will be assessed
- When approved a notification will be emailed to the applicant and the club
- If the application is not approved, the applicant will receive an email notification
- If the application is approved, the applicant will receive an email with a "Validation Code"
- The applicant must forward this email onto the club
- The applicant should liaise with their club from here to ensure the KidSport grant is applied to their registration.
For further information contact the City on 9400 4252 or via email.