The City provides free, confidential information to all residents about financial issues including:
- Mobile phone contracts – are you experiencing difficulties meeting your contract obligations?
- Car contracts – information on entering into a contract or an agreement to buy a car and your legal or financial responsibilities
- Centrelink - Youth Allowance, Austudy and information about other benefits
- Housing – are you experiencing problems with your landlord? The financial counsellor can give you information and support, and can negotiate or advocate on your behalf
- Credit cards, contracts and banking – information and options to resolve financial problems can be provided to assist you
- Managing your money and budgeting – assistance to help you to better manage your money and take control of your finances
- Bills – are you having problems keeping up with bill payments? The financial counsellor can assist by explaining your options
- Referral – the financial counsellor is able to provide referrals to other appropriate services.
For further information or to make an appointment please contact the City on 9400 4213.