Positive ageing focuses on the challenges and opportunities available as people grow older, taking a whole-of-community and whole-of-life approach to ageing.
Positive ageing seeks the continuing inclusion of people in the broad spectrum of mainstream community life as they age, seeing older people as positive contributors and assets in the community.
Active ageing is a life-long process that facilitates people reaching their physical, social and mental health and wellbeing potential throughout the course of their lives. It also includes participating in society, having access to appropriate care, safety and security when and if required.
View the broad range of services, programs and events to promote healthy active ageing for residents and visitors:
- ACROD Parking Program (APP) issues permits to Western Australians who cannot access regular parking either as a passenger or driver because of their functional mobility limitations. For more information call 9242 5544 or via email.
Department for Planning and Infrastructure
- Driver’s Licence Concessions
Concessions and exemptions available for disability and Pensioners. For more information call 13 11 56 or visit the website.
- The Taxi Users’ Subsidy Scheme
Provides subsidy for people with a severe disability that permanently prevents them using conventional public bus system. For more information call 13 11 56.
Volunteer Task Force Transport
- Home and Community Care transport program for eligible frail aged older people or people with disabilities can be driven to and from appointments and shopping as required. For more information call 9306 7000 or visit the website.
- Operated by Swan Taxis and Black and White Taxis. For more information call 9333 3377.
People Who Care
- This Home and Community Care transport service provides clients with transport to and from appointments, activities or community centres to allow participation in the community. Priority is given to hospital and medical appointments. For more information call 9379 1944 or website.