The City collects household rubbish that runs on a nine monthly collection cycle. This allows residents to dispose of garden refuse, old furniture and white goods.
When to place bulk waste out
Refuse can be placed on verges NO EARLIER than 10 days before collection date. You can now easily search to find your upcoming bulk refuse collections by using the waste management search tool.The City will also place signs on road reserve a week before collection and an advertisement will appear in the local community newspaper outlining:
- the date of the service
- a map of the area to be covered
- conditions for the collection
What can I put out for bulk waste collection?
| Bulk Waste Items || NOT Bulk Waste Items |
| Tree prunings |
(please keep separate from other junk items
as the City recycles green waste into mulch)
| Bricks |
| Old furniture || Glass bottles, or any other kind of glass |
| Stoves || Rubble, sand or cement |
| Refrigerators |
(doors removed and degassed)
| Fencing, wire strapping and fencing wire |
| White goods || Flammable liquids and paint |
| Other household items |
up to 1.5 metres in length and 70kg in weight
| Food stuffs |
| || Tyres |
| || Asbestos and asbestos cement (fibro sheeting) |
| || Gas bottles (please take to Kleenheat gas) |
Checklist for Residents
- Know your collection date in advance
- Assess what needs to be pruned around the garden
- Organise a gardening service for tree lopping or clean-ups
- Ring a registered charity for any valuable or useable items you no longer need
- From the ‘put out date’, place green waste separate from other items
- Ensure all items are placed away from power domes and water meters.
For further information contact the City on 9400 4255.