Emerging trends in WA have seen local governments develop a more flexible approach in youth service delivery models to enhance engagement with both mainstream and at-risk young people. The City of Joondalup is keeping pace with these trends and continuously improving and changing the youth services and programs it offers to move with the times.
The City's youth website contains relevant information for young people such as the latest youth programs and events, information on health, accommodation, law, finances, work and travel, plus information on how to get involved in the local community and much more.
The City coordinates a range of events, activities, programs and services for young people aged 12 to 18 years.
Our programs are designed to:
- enhance life skills and create opportunities for young people
- build self esteem
- increase communication skills
- support and empower young people
- showcase the talents of young people
Our highly skilled Youth Services staff can:
- provide support, advocacy, information and referral
- facilitate community development opportunities
- assist with the development of community harmony in public spaces
- assist with financial problems and concerns
- create partnerships with other community services and organisations.
For further information contact the City on 9400 4223.
View the My Money, My Life ebook below. Alternative formats are available on request on 9400 4929.