North-West Metropolitan Perth is one of the fastest growing areas in Australia and has attracted significant population growth in recent years.
The City of Joondalup is the commercial heart of this region and home to more than 13,400 registered businesses with strong health, education, tourism, retail, finance, technology and professional service sectors. These businesses service a growing regional population of approximately 320,000 which is forecast to increase to around 400,000 within the next 20 years.
The City is attracting significant levels of commercial investment and the regional population growth will continue to enhance the economic opportunity for new commercial activity. As a major knowledge and service hub, Joondalup is home to the Joondalup Learning Precinct which includes Edith Cowan University, West Coast Institute of Training and the WA Police Academy, and the Joondalup Health Campus. Major investments in education, training, research and health are instilling even greater confidence in the local economy.
The City is the third largest local government in Western Australia with over 160,000 people currently living within the City’s boundaries. The City Centre is located only 25 minutes north of central Perth connected directly by a frequent train service and the City is renowned for its stunning 17km of white sandy beaches, coastline, natural bushland and wetlands.
Not only was it recognised as the “World’s Most Liveable City” in 2011 at the UN-endorsed International Awards for Liveable Communities but it represents one of Australia’s most attractive investment destinations and a significant commercial opportunity.
The City provides a range of support, information and resources for local businesses including:
- Business eNewsletters – sign up to the quarterly enewsletters
- Business Forum Events – view current business events
- Investment Brochure – view the Investment eBrochure
- Business Services – view the range of business services provided by the City
- Statistical Information – access a range of online tools for economic and employment data analysis
- Approvals and Regulations – view regulatory services to businesses
- City Tenders – view the current list of City tenders.
For further information please contact the City on 9400 4253.