North-West Metropolitan Perth is one of the fastest growing areas in Australia and has attracted significant population growth in recent years.
The City of Joondalup is the commercial heart of this region and home to approximately 13,000 registered businesses with strong health, education, tourism, retail, finance, technology and professional service sectors. These businesses service a growing regional population of approximately 346,000 people which is forecast to increase to around 500,000 within the next 20 years.
The City is attracting significant levels of commercial investment and the regional population growth will continue to enhance the economic opportunity for new commercial activity. As a major knowledge and service hub, Joondalup is home to the Joondalup Learning Precinct which includes Edith Cowan University, West Coast Institute and the WA Police Academy, and the Joondalup Health Campus. Major investments in education, training, research and health are instilling even greater confidence in the local economy.
The City is the third largest local government in Western Australia with over 167,000 people currently living within the City’s boundaries. The City Centre is located only 25 minutes north of central Perth connected directly by a frequent train service and the City is renowned for its stunning 17km of white sandy beaches, coastline, natural bushland and wetlands.
Not only was it recognised as the “World’s Most Liveable City” (population category 150,000 - 400,000) in 2011 at the UN-endorsed International Awards for Liveable Communities but it represents one of Australia’s most attractive investment destinations and a significant commercial opportunity.
The City provides a range of support, information and resources for local businesses including:
- Investment Brochure - view the Investment e-Brochure
- Business e-Newsletters and publications - subscribe
- Business Forum Events - view current business events
- Business Services - view the range of business services provided by the City
- Innovation Fund - view the guidelines for grant information
- Statistical Information - access a range of online tools for economic and employment data analysis
- Approvals and Regulations - view regulatory services to businesses
- City Tenders - view the current list of City tenders.
For further information please contact the City on 9400 4253.