2017 Valentine's Concert Tickets
3/01/2017 12:37:13 PM
City of Joondalup ratepayers and residents can get their tickets to the City’s much-anticipated 2017 Valentine’s Concert on Saturday 14 January from 8am.
This year’s concert will feature the Music of James Bond being performed by Australian music royalty Kate Ceberano, tenor Michael Falzon – making a welcome return to the event – and the West Australian Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Guy Noble.
More than 8000 people will attend the annual concert on the fairways of the world-renowned Joondalup Resort on Thursday 16 February 2017.
Tickets are only available to City of Joondalup residents and ratepayers aged 18 and over and can be collected from 8.00am to 11.00am (or until sold out) on Saturday 14 January 2017 from the following City of Joondalup Customer Service Centres:
Joondalup Administration, 90 Boas Avenue, Joondalup
City of Joondalup Leisure Centre - Craigie, Whitfords Avenue, Craigie
Whitford Customer Service Centre, 15 Banks Avenue, Hillarys.
To collect tickets, residents and ratepayers must show proof of age and identity (photo identification), as well as proof of residential or ratepayer status.
Acceptable documentation includes a current driver’s licence listing a City of Joondalup address, or current driver’s licence listing an address outside the City of Joondalup plus a recent rates notice in the same name for a City of Joondalup address.
Joondalup Mayor Troy Pickard urged community members intending to get tickets to the concert to get to one of the ticket outlets early on Saturday 14 January to avoid missing out.
“Due to venue capacity and the enormous popularity of the Valentine’s Concert, limiting tickets to City of Joondalup residents and ratepayers is considered the fairest way to ensure that this magnificent event can be enjoyed by our local community,” Mayor Pickard said.
“The Valentine’s Concert is one of the City’s most popular events, offering our residents a relaxing and memorable evening with family and friends under the stars, whilst having the opportunity to witness world-class entertainment at a spectacular venue.
“In recent times we have enjoyed some wonderful entertainment at the Valentine’s Concert. This is undoubtedly one of the highlights of the year for our community and each year many of us come away from the concert thinking how it can be topped the following year.
“Events like the Valentine’s Concert are a key reason that Joondalup remains a vibrant and exciting place to live for those people who have chosen our City to call home and I have no doubt the music of James Bond will deliver another magical evening for our community.”
The 2017 Valentine’s Concert will be held on Thursday 16 February from 7:00pm and is a free, ticketed and smoke-free event.
Event schedule - 4.30pm Car park opens, 5.00pm Gates open, 7.00pm Official Opening.
Ticket Information: To collect general admission tickets, residents and ratepayers must show proof of age and identification, as well as proof of residential or ratepayer status.
- Residents and ratepayers wishing to attend the concert but unable to collect tickets, may appoint someone to collect tickets on their behalf.
- Tickets cannot be pre-ordered or mailed to patrons. Lost tickets cannot be reissued. By obtaining tickets, patrons agree to the Terms and Conditions detailed on the City’s website at joondalup.wa.gov.au
- Ratepayers who own multiple properties are eligible for four (4) tickets in total, not four (4) tickets per property owned. Residents living in a property are eligible for four (4) tickets in total for that property.
- The City makes no assertion that tickets will be available for the full three hours as tickets are limited.
Event information: Joondalup Resort is an outdoor venue and seating areas are not shaded. Please bring appropriate sun and rain protection. Sun shades and umbrellas are not permitted.
- Seating is a short (approximately 5 minute) walk from the car park and shuttle bus drop-off point. Most seating is on the grass, so please bring a blanket or pillows. Low chairs (seat no more than 15cm from the ground) are permitted toward the front of the seating area. Higher chairs and prams (unless fully disassembled) are only permitted toward the rear of the seating area.
-Picnics are welcome; however no wine spikes are permitted on the greens. A range of food and beverage options will be available onsite and a licensed bar is available.
- The Valentine’s Concert is an adult event and does not provide children’s entertainment or activities. Children under 16 must be under close parental supervision at all times. All patrons aged six years and over require a ticket.
- Onsite parking is limited and is not available until 4.30pm. To avoid inconvenience, enjoy the City’s free shuttle bus service, departing every 15 minutes from Joondalup Train Station from 4.30pm until 8.15pm, and returning 9.00pm - 11.00pm.
- Alternatively take advantage of the free Park and Ride service departing Larkspur Park (Larkspur Place, Heathridge) every 20 minutes from 4.30pm until 7.00pm, and returning 9.00pm -11.00pm. Access to Larkspur Park free Park and Ride is via Larkspur Place. No pre-registration necessary.
The City acknowledges the support of Valentine’s Concert sponsors, Edith Cowan University, Joondalup Health Campus, the Community Newspaper Group and Cleanaway.