1 Glenelg Place, Connolly (Connolly Shopping Centre) – Building modifications and change of land use to ‘Child Care Premises’, ‘Consulting Rooms’, and ‘Shop”
The City has received and is currently assessing a planning application for building modifications and a change of land use to ‘Child Care Premises’, ‘Consulting Rooms’ and ‘Shop’ at the above address and you are invited to comment on the proposal.
You can view the proposal by clicking the links below:
The development includes:
- Converting the existing supermarket (strata lot 6) into three tenancies comprising a child care premises, consulting rooms and shop (supermarket);
- Child care premises:
- Maximum capacity of 100 children and 17 staff;
- Operating hours from 7.00am – 6.00pm;
- Modifications to the Fairway Circle frontage to provide an awning and outdoor play area, including landscaping, retaining and fencing. Perspex panels are proposed as part of the fencing to reduce noise spill.
- New outdoor play equipment store with a setback of one metre to the southern boundary;
- Consulting rooms for medical practitioners:
- Operating hours from 7.30am – 8.00pm;
- Maximum two practitioners;
- 573m2 supermarket with new internal common entry/foyer refurbishment.
The application requires the City to exercise discretion with regards to:
- Child care premises being a discretionary land use in the ‘Commercial’ zone. Regard will be given to the City’s Child Care Premises Local Planning Policy.
- Retaining walls greater than one metre to the Fairway Circle frontage.
- Solid fencing greater than two metres above natural ground level.
- Outdoor play equipment store and awning setback a minimum of one metre from the southern boundary.
You may wish to provide a submission on the proposal, as a written comment, by 19 July 2019.
Submissions will be considered as part of the overall decision making process and if you choose to make a submission, you will be notified of the outcome of the proposal.
Submissions can be sent to the City via email@example.com or posted to PO Box 21, Joondalup WA 6919.
For assistance in reviewing the plans or for more information on this proposal, contact Planning Services or visit the City’s Administration Centre located at 90 Boas Avenue, Joondalup.