449, 451 and 453 Beach Road, Duncraig – Multiple Dwellings (extension of time)
The City has received and is currently assessing a planning application for 20 multiple dwellings at the above address.
A copy of the development plans can be viewed by clicking the link below.
The proposed development was previously advertised to surrounding landowners and occupants on 29 June 2017. Public consultation occurred for a period of 14 days in accordance with the Residential Design Codes (R-Codes) and concluded on 13 July 2017. The development application was subsequently approved by the Metro North-West Joint Development Assessment Panel (JDAP) on 1 September 2017, subject to a number of conditions.
The purpose of this application is for the applicant to request an extension of time in which to commence development. In addition, the applicant has also included a number of minor modifications to the approved development which are outlined below:
- Reduction in the total number of dwellings from 21 to 20
- The addition of some minor vertical design features and balustrading on the front building façade
- Removal of the direct pedestrian access to the street from APT05 (ground floor)
- Reallocation of visitor parking bays located behind the security gate for resident use, resulting in a total of five visitors bays including one disabled (ACROD) bay onsite
- Inclusion of deep soil areas across the site, and additional landscaping adjacent to the parking area and within the communal roof deck.
You may wish to provide a submission on the proposal, as a written comment, by 26 July 2019.
Please be aware that comments in relation to structural integrity, property values, boundary fences, anti-social behaviour or other neighbourly disputes are unable to be considered or addressed through the planning process. As a result, the above issues cannot be taken into account when determining the application.
Submissions will be considered as part of the overall decision making process and if you choose to make a submission, you will be notified of the outcome of the proposal.
Submissions can be sent to the City via email@example.com or posted to PO Box 21, Joondalup WA 6919. Please note that submissions may become public record and personal details may be included in a council report.
For assistance in reviewing the plans or for more information on this proposal, contact Planning Services or visit the City’s Administration Building located at 90 Boas Avenue, Joondalup.