5 Winton Road, Joondalup – Change of Use (container deposit premises)
The City has received and is currently assessing a planning application at the above address and you are invited to comment on the proposal.
A copy of the development plans can be viewed by clicking the link below.
The development includes:
- A recyclable container deposit premises which pays a refund to persons who return eligible beverage containers. The existing office is to remain and used independently of the container deposit premises.
- The operation includes the collection, counting, sorting and storage of recyclable containers.
- 22 allocated car parking bays (10 of these being reserved for staff), six bays allocated to the existing office tenancy and one shared ACROD bay. In addition, informal/overflow car parking is proposed to the rear of the property.
- A total of 10 staff members onsite, with six staff members sorting approximately 60,000 containers per day.
- Opening hours between 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Saturday only.
- Approximately two to three heavy vehicle (truck) collections per day of the containers.
You may wish to provide a submission on the proposal, as a written comment, by Friday 4 September 2020.
Submissions can be made via the online Planning Consultation Submission Form below, via email or via post to P.O. Box 21, Joondalup WA 6919.
Submissions will be considered as part of the overall decision-making process.
For assistance in reviewing the plans or for further information on this proposal please contact the City on 9400 4100.