50 Marri Road, Duncraig – Child Care Centre (SAT consideration)
As you may be aware, Council considered the above application at its meeting on 16 October 2018 and refused the proposal for a number of reasons.
Following this decision, the applicant has sought a review via the State Administrative Tribunal (SAT). Through the SAT review process, modifications to the application have been proposed and additional information has been provided. The Council has been invited by the SAT to reconsider its previous decision in view of these changes.
The revised plans can be viewed by clicking the link below.
The revised proposal includes the following:
- Eight existing car parking bays adjacent to the proposed Child Care Centre now identified (with signage) as pick-up and drop-off bays for exclusive use by the Centre during peak periods.
- The inclusion of six on-street car parking embankments within the Roche Road road reserve.
- A footpath extension and upgrades providing pedestrian access from Roche Road to the site.
- Two additional car bays located within the site through minor reconfiguration of existing car parking.
- Further review of traffic flows within the east-west roadway.
- No modifications to the proposed child care building.
The above-mentioned changes to the proposal are currently being assessed by the City and you may wish to provide a submission on the proposal, as a written comment, by 25 March 2019.
Submissions can be sent to the City via firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to PO Box 21, Joondalup WA 6919.
A decision on the application is required to be made by SAT, with the Council invited to review its initial decision to refuse the application. The City is required to consider the matter at its Ordinary Meeting of Council scheduled to be held on 16 April 2019. Submissions will be considered as part of the overall decision-making process and if you choose to make a submission, you will be notified of the Council meeting time and location prior to the meeting. You will also be advised of the Council’s reconsideration and the SAT decision on the proposal following the meeting.
For assistance in reviewing the plans or for more information on this proposal, contact the City on 9400 4100 or visit the City’s Administration Centre located at 90 Boas Avenue, Joondalup.