73 Kingsley Drive and 22 Woodford Wells Way, Kingsley – Amended Proposal for a New Child Care Premises
An application has been made to the State Administrative Tribunal (SAT) for review of the planning application for a Child Care Premises at the above address, which was previously refused by the Metro Outer Joint Development Assessment Panel (JDAP) on 14 September 2021.
During the SAT mediation process, the applicant has modified the proposal, which is currently being assessed by the City. The key changes include:
- Reduction in capacity from 82 children to 78 children
- Removal of roof over the car park and removal of the stairwell and bin store on the northern boundary
- Reduction in the length of the building facing Kingsley Drive by 7 metres
- Reduction in wall height from 7.6 metres to 6.4 metres
- Reduction in the number of tandem parking bays from three to two
- Increase in fence height to 2.1 metres on the northern and western sides of the carpark
- The air conditioning units relocated from the western setback area to a service enclosure on the first floor
- The original proposed operating hours of 6.30am – 6.30pm Monday to Friday being reduced to 7.00am – 6.30pm Monday to Friday
- Updated noise, waste and traffic assessments
- Operation management plan provided.
You may wish to provide a submission on the proposal, as a written comment, by Monday 24 January 2022.
Submissions can be made via the online submission form on the City’s website, via an email or via post to P.O. Box 21, Joondalup WA 6919.
The SAT has invited the JDAP to consider the amended proposal at a JDAP meeting on or before 28 February 2022.
Submissions will be considered as part of the overall decision-making process and if you choose to make a submission, you will be notified of the JDAP meeting time and location 10 days prior and advised on the meeting outcome.