98 O’Mara Boulevard, Iluka – Revised Development Plans and Justification for Commercial Development
The City is currently assessing revised development plans for a commercial development at the above address.
A copy of the revised development plans can be viewed by clicking the link below, or are available at the City of Joondalup Administration Centre, 90 Boas Avenue, Joondalup.
On 11 March 2019, the Metro North-West Joint Development Assessment Panel (JDAP) considered the development application (DA18/1336) for a commercial development, and resolved the following:
“That the consideration of DAP Application DAP/18/01543 be deferred for a period of 10 weeks, in accordance with section 5.10.1a of the DAP Standing Orders 2017, to allow the applicant to provide revised plans that addresses the following:
- increased street activation on O’Mara Boulevard via a separate pedestrian entry to the Supermarket.
- deletion of vehicle access off Calis Avenue.
- provision of pedestrian access to the upper level separate to any driveway off Calis Avenue.
- provision of a 2 metre building setback along the Calis Avenue frontage in accordance with the Local Development Plan.”
After the JDAP meeting the applicant has lodged an application at the State Administrative Tribunal (SAT) as a decision on the application has not been made in the statutory timeframe. Through the SAT process, on 9 April 2019, the SAT has ordered the JDAP determine the application by no later than 14 May 2019 and the City provide its report by 2 May 2019. This is despite the City’s request for additional time.
The applicant has provided the City with revised development plans and additional justification to address the matters raised by the JDAP (listed above). The following modifications have been made to the proposal:
- pedestrian access to T4 (Shop or Food and Beverage) and justification why connection is not made to the supermarket.
- additional justification for retaining vehicular access from Calis Avenue and Burns Beach Road.
- a 1.6m pedestrian access connecting the upper car park and Calis Avenue.
- additional landscaping, by way of green wall, on Calis Avenue with additional justification for maintaining the existing setback.
The City is seeking your comment in respect to the revised development plans with written comments accepted no later than Monday 29 April 2019. The City recognises the public holidays within this period and would ideally prefer to consult for an extended time, however, this is not possible given the due dates for the City’s report imposed by SAT.
Submissions will be considered as part of the overall decision-making process and you will be notified of the JDAP time and location, as well as the outcome of the proposal.
Submissions can be sent to the City via email@example.com, the online portal (located below) or posted to P.O. Box 21, Joondalup WA 6919.
For assistance in reviewing the plans or for more information on this proposal, contact the City on 9400 4100 or visit the City’s Administration Centre located at 90 Boas Avenue, Joondalup.