Chichester Park is a district level park that is located on Trappers Drive, Woodvale.
The park includes two active playing fields, a clubroom, sports floodlighting, car parking (57 bays), disk golf course and playground. The facility was constructed in 1992 and consists of a small meeting room, kitchen, toilets, change rooms and user group storage.
- The City is undertaking a redevelopment of the existing clubroom facility at Chichester Park, with a new multi-purpose community sporting facility, BBQ/picnic area and additional car parking due for completion early 2023.
- Underground drainage was installed on the southern playing field in late 2020 to address winter flooding issues.
A copy of the redevelopment plan can be viewed online.
The sporting fields and majority of the park will be unaffected by the construction works. The existing clubroom facility and parts of the car parking will be unavailable during construction. Temporary facilities will be provided during construction for the sporting clubs that use the sporting fields. A site plan that indicates the location of the temporary facilities and areas of the park that will be unavailable during construction can be viewed online.
There may be some disruptions to pedestrian flow, parking and some minor noise disturbances experienced during construction. However, the City will endeavour to minimise any inconveniences to residents and park users throughout this period.
The project has been considered by Council at the following meetings:
- April 2017 – Council requested that the City undertake the first round of community consultation to determine the level of community support for the proposed project.
- October 2017 – Council considered the results of the first round of community consultation and agreed to progress the project to the concept design stage.
- November 2018 – Council considered the concept plans proposed for the project and agreed to progress to a second round of community consultation.
- August 2019 – Council considered the results of the second round of community consultation and noted the project would be listed as part of a grant submission report to be considered by Council at the September 2019 meeting.
- September 2019 – Council endorsed an application be made to the State Government for a grant contribution to the project.
- March 2020 – Council considered the outcome of the City’s application to the State Government for a grant contribution to the project and noted it would progress to detailed design and construction tender stage.
- July 2020 – Council considered the project and requested the additional funds required for the project be listed in the City’s Five Year Capital Works Program.
- November 2021 – Council accepted a tender for the project construction works.