Children’s Book Week – Curious Creatures, Wild Minds!
Explore different worlds through the magic of books
City of Joondalup Libraries invite local school children to meet and be inspired by Australian authors, illustrators and story tellers. Established in 1946, Children’s Book Week is the longest running national literacy initiative in the country and celebrates Australian authors and illustrators. This year’s theme is Curious Creatures, Wild Minds!
Hosted over two weeks from Saturday 15 October to Friday 30 October
Join the libraries:
- Take part in the Curious Creature Treasure Hunt to go in the draw to win a book voucher
- Explore the library displays and view the books that have made the CBCA Short List of the Book of the Year Awards
- Come to Story Time to listen to the award-winning books and dress up as your favourite book character. (Please note there will be no Story Time at Woodvale on Friday 23 October)
- See staff as you have never seen them before when they dress up on Friday 23 October.
- Story Time Online – listen to Kathy read one of the CBW shortlisted books
- Code a Curious Creature – develop your coding skills by creating your own curious creature. It can be as simple or as complicated as you want. Suitable for ages 6 – 12 years.
Find out more information about Children’s Book Week from the Children’s Book Council of Australia. The Children’s Book of the Year Award Winners 2020 will be announced on Friday 16 October 2020. The 2020 Children’s Book Council of Australia (CBCA) award winner shortlist is available online.