Community Citizen of the Year Awards
Do you know someone that makes your community a better place? Every community has local heroes. Each year on Australia Day, the Community Citizen of the Year Awards give local governments around the state the opportunity to acknowledge the contribution and celebrate community engagement of people within the community.
There are four awards categories:
- Community Citizen of the Year
- Community Citizen of the Year – youth (under 25 years of age)
- Community Citizen of the Year – senior (over 65 years of age)
- Active Citizenship – group or event
The recipients will have been judged to have met a number of criteria including significant contribution to building harmony and inclusion with the local community, leadership on a community issue resulting in the enhancement of community life, a significant initiative which has brought about positive change and added value to community life and inspiring qualities as a role model for the community.
- Thursday 1 September: Nominations open
- Monday 31 October: Nominations close
- November – December: Shortlisting and selections (by local council selection panels)
- Thursday 26 January: Presentation of awards at local events.
Nominate now on the Community Citizen of the Year Award website.