Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
As at: 12 February 2021
City Update on Easing of Restrictions
The City is currently exploring the possibility of rescheduling the Valentines concert. More information will be provided next week.
The Skate Park Festival Series event scheduled for Saturday 13 February at Kinross Skate Park has been moved to Saturday 13 March. The event at Carine Skate Park – to be held in partnership with the City of Stirling – will now take place on Saturday 6 March instead of Saturday 6 February.
The City has also cancelled the 2021 Joondalup Festival due to uncertainty around the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes associated community projects, the Twilight Lantern Parade and Community Choral Project. The City is developing a replacement COVID safe event. More information will be forthcoming in the next few weeks.
Recommencement of Programs and Services
In addition to the swimming pools, gym and creche already being available, the following will also resume from Sunday 14 February 2021:
- Memberships – all member access is reinstated based on membership type. Members received free access during the transitional restrictions and have had their payments adjusted to reflect the disruption.
- Group fitness classes – back to pre-lockdown timetable.
- Spa lounge – capacity of eight (spa), five (sauna) and five (steam room) applies.
- Courts – open for casual basketball and casual bookings.
The following will resume from Monday 15 February 2021:
- Swimming lessons.
- Play Now and Lifestyle program (term one).
- Team sports competitions.
- Online bookings for the creche will recommence.
- Facility hire bookings, including West Swim sessions.
LIBRARIES AND FACILITIES
Libraries and Facilities have returned to pre-lockdown opening hours.
The Council Meeting to be held on Tuesday 16 February 2021 will be an in-person meeting in the Council Chambers, with attendance capped at 55 people under the 2sqm rule.
Community Transport will re-commence regular schedule from Monday 15 September.
Community Youth programs including the City’s Youth Truck will recommence regular schedule from Monday 15 September.
From Monday 15 February 2021, the City’s dedicated Economic Development Team will provide face to face and virtual support to businesses in the region via a one-on-one discussion. Learn more online. To access this service call 9400 4298 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For updates on key City Services click on the buttons below: