Joondalup Design Review Panel
The Joondalup Design Review Panel is a Council-appointed panel providing independent expert advice on architecture, urban design, landscape design and sustainability of planning proposals. The panel has an advisory function only, with the advice considered as part of the planning assessment process.
Design review is required for the following proposals before lodging the planning application:
- Multiple dwelling developments
- Grouped dwellings (five or more dwellings)
- New commercial or mixed use developments, excluding additions to existing buildings which do not significantly impact the street or adjoining properties.
- Mandatory Development Assessment Panel (DAP) proposals, excluding site works and/or infrastructure.
- Opt-in DAP proposals excluding additions that do not significantly impact the street or adjoining properties (as determined by the City).
- Amendment to a DAP proposal which would benefit from design review (as determined by the City).
- Structure plans, precinct plans, local development plans, local planning policies and Local Planning Scheme No.3 amendments may be referred, where determined appropriate by the City.
For further information on the design review process refer to the Applicant’s Guide to the Joondalup Design Review Panel.
To make an application for the Joondalup Design Review Panel refer to the City’s online application service.
The current Design Review Panel members are:
|Nerida Moredoundt (Chairperson)||Architecture|
|Munira Mackay (Deputy Chairperson)||Urban Design|
|Robin Burnage||Landscape Architecture|
|Tony Blackwell||Landscape Architecture|
|Aaron Sice||Building Design|
|Graham Agar||Mechanical Engineer (environmental sustainability)|
Each meeting comprises a maximum of six panel members, including a Chairperson and five other members.
Meetings are held at the City of Joondalup Civic Centre each month, as detailed below:
- Wednesday 19 January 2022
- Wednesday 16 February 2022
- Wednesday 16 March 2022
- Wednesday 20 April 2022
- Wednesday 18 May 2022
- Wednesday 15 June 2022
- Wednesday 20 July 2022
- Wednesday 17 August 2022
- Wednesday 21 September 2022
- Wednesday 19 October 2022
- Wednesday 16 November 2022
- Wednesday 21 December 2022
These meeting dates are indicative only and are subject to change. In accordance with the Terms of Reference, meetings are not open to the public (excluding proponents). Applications for the Design Review Panel will need to be submitted three weeks prior to the meeting date.