Joondalup Festival and your Joondalup Library
Joondalup Libraries are excited to again be involved in the City of Joondalup Festival held across three days from Friday 3 to Sunday 5 April 2020. There are many ways you can participate whether as an audience member, as a performer, or as a co-creator.
During the Festival weekend Joondalup Library will be extending all the usual lending services and quiet study options as well as a range of activities to celebrate the Festival. Take the opportunity to sign up to the City of Joondalup Library. Membership enables you to borrow from 250,000 physical and 135,000 digital titles. It’s free.
- All the family can get creative creating amazing origami crafts.
- Kids and teens will code a robot to run an Sphero obstacle course – bookings essential for Saturday and Sunday sessions.
- Visit the Lego playground and let your inner builder out.
- Create your own Jenga set or challenge your family to a game.
- Learn to knit
- Internationally renowned muralist Kyle Hughes-Odgers will be creating a mural in the Joondalup Library, children’s area throughout the weekend. Come along as a family to watch the artist at work.
- Explore the art of nature through Kyle Hughes-Odgers book on Story Box Library, read by tree-hugger extraordinaire Trevor Jamieson and presented in the Library activity room adjacent to Kyle’s mural.
- Junkadelic presents a musical performance like no other. Percussion music from recycled junk.
- Anime movie screening.
- You be the judge, photographic gallery and people’s choice voting.
- Kids can learn key circus skills from Pirateman Michael. Bookings are a must.
- Join in to make your own Junkadelic instrument. Don’t miss out, bookings essential.
These and all other Library Festival events are on the Community calendar so you can make the most of your visit to the Joondalup Festival.
If you can’t make it to the Festival, City of Joondalup Libraries run over 2,500 events annually. Stay up to date with a Libraries seasonal event booklet.