2022 Public Meetings of Council – Dates and Times
On Tuesday 26 April 2022, the Premier announced that COVID public health measures will be eased in Western Australia.
From 12:01am Friday 29 April 2022 the following will apply to the Council Chambers and Civic Centre building:
- Masks are no longer required however, will be encouraged where physical distancing is not possible.
- Capacity limits will be removed.
- Check-in requirements are no longer required.
- Access doors to the Civic Centre Building will be no longer be locked prior to a public Briefing/Council meeting however, City Staff and Security staff will be present to provide assistance to members of the public and to ensure public safety is maintained.
- Hand sanitiser will continue to be provided by the City and members of the public are encouraged to use it when required.
- City staff will continue to clean the public microphone/lectern following each use.
- Members of the public are encouraged not to attend a meeting should they feel unwell or if they have been in contact with a known Covid-19 case.
Members of the public are able to access audio of the proceedings of Council meetings and Electors’ meetings at https://joondalup.wa.gov.au/kb/resident/live-council-meeting-audio-feed-2.
At its meeting held on 16 November 2021 and 15 February 2022, Council set the Briefing Session and Council Meeting dates for 2022. Further public meetings are held throughout the year such as Special Council Meetings and Electors’ meetings as determined by Council, the dates for the 2022 public meetings are provided below:
Briefing Session and Council Meeting Dates
|2022 Briefing Sessions||2022 Council Meetings|
|To be held at 6.30pm in the Council Chamber||To be held in the Council Chamber|
|Tuesday 8 February 2022||Tuesday 15 February 2022, 7.00pm|
|Tuesday 8 March 2022||Tuesday 15 March 2022, 7.00pm|
|Tuesday 12 April 2022||Tuesday 19 April 2022, 7.00pm|
|Tuesday 10 May 2022||Tuesday 17 May 2022, 7.00pm|
|Tuesday 14 June 2022||Tuesday 28 June 2022, 7.00pm|
|Tuesday 12 July 2022||Tuesday 19 July 2022, 7.00pm|
|Tuesday 9 August 2022||Tuesday 16 August 2022, 12.00noon|
|Tuesday 13 September 2022||Tuesday 20 September 2022, 7.00pm|
|Tuesday 11 October 2022||Tuesday 18 October 2022, 7.00pm|
|Tuesday 8 November 2022||Tuesday 15 November 2022, 7.00pm|
|Tuesday 6 December 2022||Tuesday 13 December 2022, 7.00pm|
Special Council Meeting Dates
|Tuesday 29 March 2022, 7.00pm|
|Tuesday 5 July 2022, 5.45pm|
Meeting of Electors’ Meeting Dates
|Tuesday 8 February 2022, 5.30pm||Annual General Meeting of Electors|
|Thursday 10 March 2022, 7.00pm||Special Meeting of Electors|
To access minutes of meetings that have been held please refer here, for further information relating to Briefing Sessions, public questions, public statements and deputations refer to the below document.