The Department of Fisheries manages abalone fishing throughout the metropolitan area. The recreational catch is managed through size and bag limits, as well as closed areas and seasons.
The length of the open recreational fishing season for abalone may be adjusted each year to ensure the total metropolitan catch is consistent with this allocation and managed in a sustainable manner.
If you are parking your vehicle whilst fishing for abalone within the City of Joondalup, please be considerate of residents in the area.
Parking during Abalone season
Please comply with all signage and do not:
- Park on residential lawns, gardens or verges without consent from the property owner
- Park any portion of your vehicle on the footpath
- Park on any median strips or traffic calming devices
- Park facing against the flow of traffic
- Park in or block any driveways
Beach Foreshore Reserve/ sand dunes
Local Government and Public Property and Local Law 2014 clause 5.6
- Access to the sand dunes is limited
- Please only use the designated pathways that lead to the beach
- Traversing through the dunes outside the designated pathways and through the protected areas may incur a $125.00 infringement.
Abalone Fishing tips and Safety
For Abalone fishing tips and further details visit the Recfishwest website at recfishwest.org.au
Please check conditions before heading out including wind conditions and swells. Visit beachsafe.org.au for up to date reports.