Audit and Risk Committee
Role of the committee
The role of the Audit and Risk Committee is to:
1. Guide and assist the City in carrying out its functions:
- Under Part 6 – Financial Management, of the Local Government Act 1995
- In relation to audits conducted under Part 7 – Audit, of the Local Government Act 1995
- Relating to other audits and other matters related to financial management.
2. Review the CEO’s report into the appropriateness and effectiveness of a local government’s systems and procedures in relation to risk management, internal control and legislative compliance, given to it by the CEO under regulation 17 of the Local Government (Audit) Regulations 1996 and:
- Report to the Council the results of that review
- Give the Council a copy of the CEOs report.
3. Monitor and advise the CEO when the CEO is carrying out functions in relation to a review:
- Under regulation 17(1) of the Local Government (Audit) Regulations 1996
- Of the appropriateness and effectiveness of the financial management systems and procedures of the City under regulation 5(2)(c) of the Local Government (Financial Management) Regulations 1996.
4. Support the auditor of the City to conduct an audit and carry out the auditor’s other duties under the Local Government Act 1995 in respect of the City and to oversee the implementation of any actions in accordance with regulation 16(f) of the Local Government (Audit) Regulations 1996.
5. Review and monitor the internal audit programme and the scope of internal audits.
- Mayor Hon. Albert Jacob
- Cr John Logan
- Cr Nige Jones – Deputy – Presiding Member
- Cr Russ Fishwick, JP
- Cr Tom McLean, JP
- Cr Russell Poliwka
- Cr John Raftis – Presiding Member
- Mr Richard Thomas – External Independent Member
- Cr John Chester
- Cr Christine Hamilton-Prime, JP
- Cr Adrian Hill
- Cr Daniel Kingston
- Cr Christopher May
- Cr Suzanne Thompson