Chichester Park proposed community sporting facility
Chichester Park is a district level park that is located on Trappers Drive, Woodvale.
The park includes two active playing fields, a clubroom, sports floodlighting, car parking (57 bays), disk golf course and playground. The facility was constructed in 1992 and consists of a small meeting room, kitchen, toilets, change rooms and user group storage.
- The City is proposing to redevelop the existing clubroom facility at Chichester Park, commencing in 2021/22.
- The project proposes a new multi-purpose community sporting facility, BBQ/picnic area, additional car parking and underground drainage issues to address the flooding on the southern playing field.
The project has been considered by Council at the following meetings:
- April 2017 – Council requested that the City undertake the first round of community consultation to determine the level of community support for the proposed project.
- October 2017 – Council considered the results of the first round of community consultation and agreed to progress the project to the concept design stage.
- November 2018 – Council considered the concept plans proposed for the project and agreed to progress to a second round of community consultation.
In March / April 2019, the City undertook community consultation seeking feedback on the concept plans for the redevelopment of the existing clubroom facility at Chichester Park. The results of the community consultation will be collated and presented to the Council seeking endorsement to progress to the next stage of the project in mid 2019. When finalised, the summary of results of the consultation will be available for viewing on the community consultation page.