Chichester Park proposed community sporting facility
Chichester Park is a district level park that is located on Trappers Drive, Woodvale.
The park includes two active playing fields, a clubroom, sports floodlighting, car parking (57 bays), disk golf course and playground. The facility was constructed in 1992 and consists of a small meeting room, kitchen, toilets, change rooms and user group storage.
- The City is proposing to redevelop the existing clubroom facility at Chichester Park, commencing in 2021/22.
- The project proposes a new multi-purpose community sporting facility, BBQ/picnic area, additional car parking and underground drainage issues to address the flooding on the southern playing field.
The project has been considered by Council at the following meetings:
- April 2017 – Council requested that the City undertake the first round of community consultation to determine the level of community support for the proposed project.
- October 2017 – Council considered the results of the first round of community consultation and agreed to progress the project to the concept design stage.
- November 2018 – Council considered the concept plans proposed for the project and agreed to progress to a second round of community consultation.
- August 2019 – Council considered the results of the second round of community consultation and noted the project would be listed as part of a grant submission report to be considered by Council at the September 2019 meeting.