Children’s Book Week
Children’s Book Week is the annual celebration of children’s books and reading. Established in 1946, it is the longest running national literacy initiative in the country.
Each year, students and libraries from all over Australia spend a week celebrating Australian books, authors and illustrators. Events hosted by the Libraries give children the opportunity to meet with their favourite authors and illustrators.
City of Joondalup Libraries will host Children’s Book Week events over a two week period from Saturday 13 August – Friday 26 August 2022. The theme for 2022 is: Dreaming with Eyes Open… Join in the fun at your library.
Please check the events calendar for regular events as some sessions may be cancelled due to this program.
- Each year City of Joondalup Libraries host an event for the public to celebrate Children’s Book Week
- This event is designed to expand literacy knowledge and entertain
- We are delighted to host Justin Martin from Djurandi Dreaming this year. Bookings are essential.
- Sessions are made available to local school students
- The City of Joondalup Libraries host 12 presenters including authors, illustrators and storytellers to entertain and educate
- Students will develop their literacy knowledge and be inspired to read and write
- Check the program for information about each session.
- Bookings open on Wednesday 27 April 2022.
Children’s Book Week 2022
- Home-schooling students are encouraged to attend any of the City’s Children’s Book Week sessions
- Contact City of Joondalup Libraries to book.
Find out more information about Children’s Book Week from the Children’s Book Council of Australia. The Children’s Book of the Year Award Shortlist announcement can be viewed here. The Award Winners will be announced on Friday 19 August 2022.
2021 Photos from Children’s Book Week