Support for community groups and organisations
Communities in-focus: Leadership Development
The Communities in-focus program aims to support and strengthen local volunteer-run community groups and not-for-profit organisations. The program provides opportunities to enhance the skills, knowledge and capacity of leaders in volunteer community groups and organisations, as well as strengthen local networks.
A range of FREE programs and services that support local groups and organisations are on offer:
- Dealing with Difficult Situations interactive webinar, 10.00am – 11.30am, Wednesday 24 June 2020 (Register here)
- Leading Change in Turbulent Times interactive webinar, 10.00am – 11.30am, Thursday 25 June 2020 (Register here)
- Leading Change in Turbulent Times interactive webinar, 5.30pm – 7.00pm, Thursday 25 June 2020 (Register here)
- Building Stronger, Inclusive Communities webinar, 6.30pm – 7.45pm, Wednesday 1 July 2020 (Register here)
- Professional Development – sessions delivered by Inclusion Solutions: Innovation mentoring with groups or organisation leaders designed specifically with their goals in mind. The sessions cover attitudes and culture, values, vision, assets, opportunities, communication, partnerships, accessibility and future proofing. Express your interest and indicate how you would benefit via email.
Support on how to set up and access webinars is available through the City’s Digital Helpline
Examples of previous training has included:
- Asset Based Community Development
- Leading for Stronger Communities
- Committees Unpacked!
- Sparking Change: Community Leadership
- The ABCs of the XYZ and Boomer Generations – Volunteer Attraction and Retention
One-to-one meeting opportunities
Community Development Officers are available to meet with clubs needing assistance or information to navigate governance challenges, marketing or planning assistance.
Networking opportunities will be available at Communities in-focus training and special events.
Community funding program
The Community Funding Program is a small grants program that can assist community groups and schools with projects, events and activities that develop and enhance the Joondalup community.
Community group recognition program
Community Group Recognition grants provide acknowledgement of local community, sport and recreation groups celebrating 25th, 50th, 75th or 100th anniversary milestones.
Community programs, services and networks
View the Community Programs and Services Supporting Groups and Agencies document below to find out what is available to further support your group.