Community art exhibition
Entries to the Community Art Exhibition will open in March 2019
The annual Community Art Exhibition is held in June each year at Lakeside Joondalup Shopping City. It is open to City of Joondalup residents and members of local visual arts associations. It offers a variety of non-acquisitive awards each year, such as the Overall Award for the Most Outstanding Artwork Award, media specific categories and a variety of themed awards with specific criteria.
Who can enter?
All entrants must read the Terms and Conditions for Entry.
All entrants need to be residents or members of a not-for-profit visual arts association operating within the City of Joondalup.
Become a member of a local visual arts association.
Artist must be over 12 years of age.
Artists under 18 years of age require parental/guardian permission to enter.
Most Outstanding Artwork – $1,500
- Painting – $1,000
- Works on Paper – $1,000
- 3-Dimensional Works – $1,000
- Multi-media – $1,000
Artists may also nominate their work for the following awards:
- Arts in focus Award – This Award supports artistic development with a solo exhibition at Joondalup Art Gallery and an additional $500.00 cash prize.
- Celebrating Joondalup Award – $500.00. Artworks nominated for this Award will be judged by the extent to which their work relates to and represents the City of Joondalup.
- Student Award – $250.00 voucher. Open to artists who are enrolled in a secondary school.
- Student Photography Award – $250.00 voucher. This is an online exhibition only. Open to artists who are enrolled in a secondary school.
- Popular Choice Award – $500.00. This Award will be awarded to the artwork that receives the most public votes during the exhibition.
Artworks entered in the exhibition will be judged by an external panel of experienced visual art practitioners and arts industry professionals. All works are considered for the Most Outstanding Artwork Award. The judges consider all works within each media category and nominated prizes, and generally look for works that exemplify originality, creativity, exploration of the medium, skill level and impact of the subject matter. The Popular Choice Award is awarded to the artwork that receives the most votes, as voted by the public.
An Inside-Out Billboard Commission – $3,000 is offered by invitation.