Community Choral Project
The City of Joondalup presents the Virtual Community Choral Project for 2020!
Due to COVID-19 restrictions the performance of the Community Choral Project 2020 was cancelled. Having done most of the work, a few members of the choir recorded their voices which has been put together for an online performance.
The Community Choral Project is a community arts project open to all members of the community, in particular those people who have always wanted to sing in a choir but never dared. The project aims to bring members of the community together to work on a production that is showcased at the Joondalup Festival.
Each year the City contracts a musical director to conduct the community choir. The choir come together to rehearse for approximately eight weeks leading to a final performance at the Joondalup Festival. The choir is made up of amateur, semi-professional singers and music enthusiasts. It is a great opportunity to meet other singers in the northern corridor of Perth and challenge yourself to learn repertoire you have not sung before.
Registrations will open in November 2020.
- 2013 – Banuru Songs, composed by Alberto Caruso to a text by Vivienne Glance (world premiere)
- 2014 – Back to Barbershop! Devised by Carole Macintyre and Bill McAllister of MacMusiCo
- 2015 – West End Wonder, musical direction by Jangoo Chapkhana
- 2016 – A Hard Day’s Night, musical direction by Jangoo Chapkhana
- 2017 – Fiesta! Musical direction by Jangoo Chapkhana
- 2018 – The Music of Queen, musical direction by Jangoo Chapkhana
- 2019 – Resonating Stories, Shining Songs musical and creative direction by Matt Reuben Ward