Community development grants
Please note that the Community Development Grants Program is currently closed while the City undertakes a review of its grant programs. Further details will be advertised in due course.
A funding pool of $27,500 is available in the Community Development Fund divided across two funding rounds each financial year. These grants aim to support not-for-profit community groups, organisations and schools with initiatives that bring positive benefits to people from any of the following groups:
- Children, young people, families and seniors
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- People experiencing homelessness, or those at risk of homelessness
- People with disability, their family and carers
- Culturally and linguistically diverse populations
The City focuses on certain priorities in regard to successful grant applications. Successful applicants are advised to consider the following objectives when completing their Community Development Funding applications:
- Promoting interactions between seniors and children or young people (inter-generational activities)
- Reducing the isolation of people who are at risk or marginalised
- Promoting positive mental health and wellbeing outcomes
- Promoting positive behavioural changes, attitudinal changes and/or healthy life choices
- Promoting community leadership
- Promoting respect, celebrating difference and fostering inclusion.
Each year specific strategic objectives for the coming twelve months are adopted into each category of funding. Please review the information pack to see the suitability of your group applying for a grant. It is a condition of funding that all applications are discussed with the appropriate Fund Administrator prior to being submitted. Applications that are not discussed prior to submission with the appropriate Fund Administrator will be excluded from assessment.