COVID-19 support available to local businesses in Joondalup
The City of Joondalup will continue to be guided by the Federal Government and Department of Health WA (DoH) in relation to appropriate responses relating to the COVID-19/Coronavirus issue.
The City will provide support to local businesses and information on stimulus packages being offered by the State and Federal Governments to support those affected by COVID-19. The City’s Economic Development team are offering complimentary access to tailored business support and advice to help business prepare for disruptions.
The City’s update on COVID-19 can be found here.
Government and financial support packages
For further information about what the State and Federal Government is doing for small business, follow the links below.
For further information about the updates announced on Friday 20 March 2020, in regards to the Australian Banking Association (ABA) and how this effects small businesses visit the ABA website.
Support for local businesses
The City is offering a Business Engagement Program that will involve one on one discussions with Joondalup businesses impacted by COVID-19. To register for a free session or for further information email the City’s Economic Development Team with the subject line “Joondalup Business Engagement Program” or call 9400 4253.
The City will continue facilitating opportunities to support local businesses.
Further resources and information for businesses relating to the COVID-19 has been provided below:
Support from State and Federal Government
- Small Business Development Corporation – Business assistance centre, call 133 140 or visit website.
- Federal Government economic stimulus – find out if this applies to your business or speak with your accountant.
- Australian Tax Office are assisting business experiencing financial difficulty – find out if this applies to your business.
- Advice for export trade found here.
- Further information for Export Finance Australia members found here.
Looking after yourself and your staff
Community members are encouraged to follow the advice of the Department of Health WA (DoH) to help minimise the spread of COVID-19.
Looking after your customers
- Connect with the Joondalup Business Association to engage with the local business community.
- Business Foundations on preparing to trade through a crisis.
- Australian Small Business Advisory Services suggestions on how to communicate to customers about COVID-19.
Support local with #TakeawayForWA
As part of the #TakeawayForWA initiative, the City will work closely with local businesses to promote takeaway and delivery options to the community. Where possible, the City will provide designated parking and signage in front of your premises for customers to collect takeaway food and drinks. To be part of this initiative email the City’s Economic Development team with the subject line “TakeawayForWAParking”. In addition to this, if you want to be added to a list of participating businesses on the City’s website please include the additional details when registering.