Cyber security resources for businesses
CERT Australia is the national computer emergency response team. Established in 2010, CERT is the primary government contact point for major Australian businesses to:
- Receive and respond to cyber security incident reports
- Receive support and advice in responding to and mitigating cyber incidents
- Monitor cyber security incidents or attacks to develop a threat picture
- Provide advice and alerts to its partners to enhance their cyber security resilience.
Visit the CERT Australia website for useful resources and advice relating to cyber security. This includes:
- The Stay Smart Online program – provides information on how small businesses can protect themselves from, and reduce the risk of, cyber security threats
- Sign up to Stay Smart Online’s free alert service for easy to understand information about the latest threats and vulnerabilities in Australia, and how to address any risks to your devices or computer networks
- Stay Smart Online also has a Small Business Guide that outlines good online security practices and easy steps to protect customer and supplier information entrusted to your business
- To report a cyber crime incident go to the Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network (ACORN) – a national online system to help businesses and individuals securely report cyber crime
For more information on services please visit the CERT Australia website.