Deputations at Briefing Sessions
Briefing Sessions are used to inform Elected Members on the items of business to be presented and discussed at the forthcoming Council meeting.
Requests for deputations can be made through the form below and must be submitted by close of business on the day prior to the scheduled Briefing Session date. The City will confirm if the deputation has been approved by the Mayor and any time restrictions that may apply.
Deputations must relate to an item on the current Briefing Session agenda.
For further information around deputations at Briefing Sessions, please view the Briefing Sessions page or the procedures below for Strategy Sessions, Briefing Sessions and Council/Committees.
Please be advised in relation to COVID public health measures:
On Tuesday 26 April 2022, the Premier announced that COVID public health measures will be eased in Western Australia.
From 12:01am Friday 29 April 2022 the following will apply to the Council Chambers and Civic Centre building:
- Masks are no longer required however, will be encouraged where physical distancing is not possible.
- Capacity limits will be removed.
- Check-in requirements are no longer required.
- Access doors to the Civic Centre Building will be no longer be locked prior to a public Briefing/Council meeting however, City Staff and Security staff will be present to provide assistance to members of the public and to ensure public safety is maintained.
- Hand sanitiser will continue to be provided by the City and members of the public are encouraged to use it when required.
- City staff will continue to clean the public microphone/lectern following each use.
- Members of the public are encouraged not to attend a meeting should they feel unwell or if they have been in contact with a known Covid-19 case.