Donating to the libraries
Unwanted books, DVDs and CDs can be donated to the City libraries.
Items accepted include:
- Fiction and nonfiction books such as novels, biographies, history, art craft and more
- Music CDs and DVDs
- Audiobooks on CD
- Travel guides up to two years old
- Textbooks and finance books up to two years old
- Car manuals.
Items not accepted include:
- Damaged, dusty, yellowed or tatty items
- Brochures or pamphlets
- Video tapes or cassettes
- Workbooks and personal journals.
If the item is of a local, or historical nature and suitable for inclusion in the local history collection it may be considered.
How to donate
Before donating, please check that your items are eligible for donation. Contact your most convenient library to arrange a time for staff to receive and discuss your donations. Donations are not accepted outside of opening hours.
Some items may not be added to library stock and are set aside for library book sale which raises funds for the libraries’ literacy programs.
Please note the City’s libraries do not have the capacity to dispose of items in poor condition.