Emerge Stronger – Digital Helpline
Helping you navigate access to online services.
Many businesses, organisations and services that are normally accessed in person are now closed to comply with Government Directives implemented to keep the community safe.
In addition, the principles of social distancing makes it even more difficult to get help from family and friends who you might normally rely on. The City of Joondalup has established a team of people ready to help with your questions about how to get online.
Or, you might be able to use this information to help teach a friend or family member.
What is the digital helpline?
The City of Joondalup understands some residents will be new to using technology, searching the internet and doing things online like shopping or communicating with family.
If you are a novice and need general help, give the City a call or email for assistance.
The City staff can provide information about available online services to help. If you need to talk to someone about digital help contact the Digital Helpline between 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday call 9400 4180 or email
Are you ready to connect?
- Do you have an internet connection or Wifi?
- Do you have a device, such as mobile phone, iPad, laptop, home computer?
The City of Joondalup can try and help you with the following:
Signing up to Libraries
- How to join the Library
- How to Borrow an eBook from Overdrive, BorrowBox or cloudLibrary
- How to Listen to an audiobook from Overdrive, BorrowBox or cloudLibrary
- How to Watch a film
- How to Read a magazine or a newspaper
- How to Access research databases
- How to send a Text Message / SMS on Apple or Android phones
- How to send and receive an email
- How to use WhatsApp
- How to use Messenger
Face to Face Video links
Register with specialist agencies
The City can talk you through the general process and how to set this up with your financial institution.