Competitive pay is only one part of the City of Joondalup’s whole employment package. Below is a summary of the range of conditions and benefits available to employees.
The City’s Enterprise Agreements set out competitive terms and conditions of employment for City employees including:
- Hours of work, rosters, rest breaks and meal breaks
- Penalty rates
- Flexible work arrangements.
The City also funds additional programs and benefits for City employees, including initiatives to:
- Improve employee health and wellbeing
- Assist with career development
- Enhance the working environment.
Benefits available to the City of Joondalup employees
Health and wellbeing
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Annual skin cancer screening (for high risk occupations)
- Annual Hepatitis B vaccinations (for high risk occupations)
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program – A free and confidential counselling service for employees and their immediate family members who can each access the service up to six sessions per year
- Access to a mini gym
- Shower facilities
- City bicycles
- Salary sacrifice option for Craigie Leisure Centre membership
- Green travel initiatives.
- Induction program
- Lunch room facilities
- Social club
- Annual staff conference
- Annual staff Christmas party
- Employee recognition programs.
- Salary packaging
- Journey insurance.
- Study assistance
- Mentoring program
- Local Government Management Challenge
- Training and development.
- Annual leave
- Personal leave
- Compassionate leave
- Public holidays
- Long service leave
- Parental and adoption leave
- Community service leave.