General waste bin (red lid)
What to dispose of in your red lid general waste bin
- Food waste, scraps and leftovers
- Hygiene products
- Animal waste
- General household waste
- Broken items
- Shredded paper (bagged).
*Keep recycling out of your red lid bin. If you are filling up your recycling bin each fortnight use the online form to apply for a FREE bigger 360L recycling bin.
- Glass (broken or other)
- Hot or burning ash
- Bricks, concrete, sand and other building materials
- Green waste
- Household hazard waste
- Old tyres and motor oil
- Combustible liquid, paint or other solvents
- Pesticides, herbicides and other dangerous chemicals
- Light globes/fluorescent tubes.
For details on where to dispose of other items please refer to the Waste Disposal Guide.