General waste (red lid) bin
What to dispose of in your general waste (red lid) bin
- Food scraps
- Fruit and vegetable scraps
- Animal waste
- Nappies and dog waste
- Broken items
- Shredded paper (bagged)
*Keep recycling out of your red lid bin. If you are filling up your recycling bin each fortnight use the online form to apply for a FREE bigger 360L recycling bin.
- Hot or burning ash
- Old tyres and motor oil
- Combustible liquid, paint or other solvents
- Bricks, concrete, sand and other building materials
- Pesticides, herbicides and other dangerous chemicals
- Glass (broken or other)
- Batteries and Light Globes/Fluorescent Tubes
Further information is available in the Waste Guide 2018/19.
For details on where to dispose of other items please refer to the waste disposal guide.