General waste (green lid) bin
What to dispose of in your general waste (green lid) bin
• Food waste, scraps and leftovers
• Green waste (grass, small tree clippings and prunings, leaves)
• Nappies and dog waste
• General household waste
• Broken items
*Keep recycling out of your green lid bin. If you are filling up your recycling bin each fortnight use the online form to apply for a FREE bigger 360L recycling bin.
• Hot or burning ash
• Old tyres and motor oil
• Combustible liquid, paint or other solvents
• Bricks, concrete, sand and other building materials
• Pesticides, herbicides and other dangerous chemicals
• Glass (broken or other)
• Batteries and Light Globes/Fluorescent Tubes
Further information is available in the Waste Guide 2018/19.
For details on where to dispose of other items please refer to the waste disposal guide.