Dogs may be impounded if they are found wandering in public areas and City Officers are unable to locate an owner.
To avoid your dog being impounded:
- Contain your dog on your own property
- Fit the dog with a collar displaying a council registration tag
- It is recommended that a name tag with owner’s contact name and number is attached to the dogs collar.
If your dog is impounded:
- There will be an impound fee payable prior to the release of your dog
- If your dog is not registered or microchipped there is a requirement to have this done prior to its release
- Penalties may also apply for an unregistered dog and a wandering dog.