Impounded vehicle collection
If you believe your vehicle may have been impounded:
- contact City Rangers during business hours
- City Rangers will confirm if your vehicle has been impounded and provide contact details for the City’s contracted impound facility.
Recovering your vehicle
- All impounded vehicles will be located at the City’s contracted impound area.
- Prior to collection, vehicle owners must contact the City’s contracted impound facility to ascertain what costs are applicable for collection and arrange payment.
- Vehicle owners can attend the facility to recover the vehicle after full payment of all applicable costs for removal, impound and daily custody fees.
- Proof of vehicle ownership must be provided before a vehicle will be released. No vehicle will be released without proof of ownership.
Vehicles are unable to be driven from the impound yard and must be towed from the yard by a tow truck. The vehicle owner is responsible for organising a tow truck to remove the vehicle.
If a vehicle remains uncollected more than two months from the date of impound the City may dispose of it by public auction. The City’s contractor conducts regular auctions to dispose of uncollected vehicles.
For further information regarding abandoned vehicles contact City Rangers.