Joondalup is small business friendly
The City of Joondalup is part of the Small Business Friendly Local Government (SBFLG) initiative, which was developed by the Small Business Development Corporation (SBDC).
The SBDC initiative recognises local government authorities in Western Australia that are committed to actively supporting local small businesses.
As part of the City’s commitment to the local small business community the following standard and additional activities are undertaken and reported against biannually.
- On-time payment policy – all small business invoices are paid within 30 days
- Small business engagement – regularly meets and consults with the small business community and their representative bodies
- Dispute handling – has a process in place, which relevant staff are aware of, to handle disputes between the City of Joondalup and small businesses
- Provides small business information on the City’s website
- Supports business incubators or start up spaces
- Facilitates small business forums and events