Joondalup Learning Precinct Mentoring Program
Staff from the City of Joondalup, Edith Cowan University, the WA Police Academy, and North Metropolitan TAFE have the unique opportunity to take part in a cross-organisational mentoring program supported by the Joondalup Learning Precinct (JLP) Board.
The program brings staff together to enrich, enhance and share experiences and to strengthen relationships between Precinct partners. Program goals include:
- Developing individuals and improving their performance and effectiveness in the workplace
- Providing opportunities to develop networks
- Strengthening inter-agency relationships
- Improving inter-agency communication
- Providing a sustainable support mechanism for staff
- Supporting professional development activities.
Evaluation of mentor programs has shown that mentors find personal satisfaction in sharing their skills and experience with others. Mentees also benefit from the opportunity to broaden their knowledge base and learn from an experienced person.
JLP Mentoring Program
To be involved in the JLP Mentoring Program you will need to express your interest in the program by:
- Providing your skills, interests, business experience and expertise
- Identifying what you would like to achieve from the program
- Making a commitment to attend the formal meetings, workshops and the final completion/evaluation sessions
- Seeking support from your line manager for your participation in the program.
Mentors and Mentees will need to make time available to participate fully in the program, including the group workshops and the regular meetings with your mentoring partner. Participants will need to:
- Commit to the program from February to December
- Attend the induction workshop held in February at Edith Cowan University
- Attend the launch of the program held in February at Edith Cowan University
- Attend a review session
- Take part in meetings with your mentoring partner (as negotiated with partner)
- Attend professional development sessions, group events and seminars throughout the year
- Participate in pre and post program evaluation
- Attend a final closure workshop and presentation event in December.
Applications are now open for the 2021 JLP Mentoring Program. Expression of Interest forms can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org