Library home delivery service
Books on Wheels is a free delivery service that caters to City of Joondalup residents who are unable to reach a City Library because of frailty, disability or limited mobility. Receiving the Books on Wheels service is not necessarily related to the age of a person.
Available for loan
- Books – large print or standard print
- DVDs – movies, TV series or documentaries
- Music CDs
An agreed number of preselected items are delivered fortnightly to your home by experienced library staff. All members also have access to download eBooks, audiobooks and magazines.
The service may be used by people who have health problems, disabilities or those who are facing a long recuperation period at home or in care. We are currently inundated with requests, and so must stick with our normal eligibility guidelines.
Customers must live in the City of Joondalup and:
- be able to visit a library but are too frail to carry library items
- not able to visit a library in normal circumstances (when there is not a Covid19 pandemic)
- Illness or disability
- Live in a residential establishment such as a nursing home
- Older retired person, with no transport and no support mechanisms to access community services.
Contact staff for further details and to discuss your eligibility and reading interests.
The library is working hard to make other options available, so keep an eye on the City’s Facebook page, or our website for any updates. If you receive our Library newsletter, you will also get the latest news.