Library home delivery service
Books on Wheels is a free delivery service that caters to City of Joondalup residents who are unable to reach a City Library because of frailty, disability or limited mobility. Receiving the Books on Wheels service is not necessarily related to the age of a person.
Available for loan
- Books – large print or standard print, fiction and nonfiction
- DVDs – movies, TV series or documentaries
- Music CDs
An agreed number of preselected items are delivered fortnightly to your home by experienced library staff. All members also have access to download eBooks, audiobooks and magazines.
Customers must live in the City of Joondalup and may:
- Not able to visit a library due to:
- Illness or disability
- long recuperation period at home or in care
- live in a residential establishment such as a nursing home or,
- Be able to visit a library but are too frail to navigate the library or carry library items
Books on Wheels is not servicing customers who are isolating or in government imposed lockdown. Alternative services may be activated during a COVID-19 emergency. Please contact your nearest Library for options.
If transport is a barrier to accessing your Library, the City offers a monthly community transport service to Joondalup Library.
Contact staff for further details and to discuss your eligibility and reading interests.