Liquor licence: Section 39 and 40 certificates
The Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries is responsible for issuing liquor licences. As part of this process, you maybe asked to provide a Section 39 and Section 40 certificate from the local government. These certificates demonstrate compliance with:
- Environmental health and building legislation (Section 39)
- Town planning matters (Section 40)
Lodging an application
You can lodge an application:
Online (preferred) – please refer to the City’s e-application service and select Environmental Health applications or Planning applications;
- In person – visit the City of Joondalup Administration Centre, 90 Boas Avenue, Joondalup.
- By Post – post your application to the City at PO Box 21, Joondalup WA 6919.
Section 40 application requirements
- Detailed site plan demonstrating the location of premises to be licensed.
- Floor plan showing the internal layout of the premises, demonstrating the area of the premises to which the liquor licence will apply.
- Application fee, in accordance with the Planning Services Schedule of Fees and Charges.
Section 39 application requirements
- Application fee, in accordance with the Environmental Health Schedule of Fees and Charges.